Star Tribune Article: New Monastics

Written by Mark Van Steenwyk : July 15, 2006

Missio Dei is featured in a new Star Tribune article. You can find it here. Besides one benign error (translating Missio Dei into “House of God” instead of “Mission of God”), I think the articles is great. Pam Miller, the writer of the article did her research and treated our community with respect throughout the process of writing the article.

Comments

6 Responses to “Star Tribune Article: New Monastics”

1. JVD on July 15th, 2006 8:05 am

Mark -

That is sweet - congrats -

JVD

2. Van S on July 15th, 2006 11:51 am

Thanks dude. This year will be a very important one for Missio Dei.

Pray for me if you think of it. Next week I’m going in to talk to Greg Bourgond about the future possibilities of teaching “ML250.” In the near future I’d also like to explore the possibility of doing additional adjunct work. Since I’ve already done at least some adjunct work and since I’ll hopefully begin doctoral work in the next year or so, Dr. Bourgond might be willing to entertain me handling classes like discipleship or evangelism…or perhaps other new classes like ML250. I’m planning on starting a Th.D. in 2007 at the University of South Africa (something integrating North American missiology and Theological ethics).

Teaching is something that energizes me. I care a lot about the Church–my passion for the Church is behind almost everything I do. If I can do a couple classes a year, it would be very rewarding (and would provide some nice supplemental income).

3. Jan Bros on July 15th, 2006 12:16 pm

Very nice article. I hope it bears much sweet tasting fruit for you.

4. Jeff on July 18th, 2006 10:30 pm

Great article, Mark! You’ve finally found the fame and fortune you’ve been seeking ;)

5. JVD on July 19th, 2006 10:14 am

Mark -

You don’t get anything if you do not ask for it -

JVD